Accounting Manager Job Highlights
|Summerlin, NV, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is recruiting an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for all activities performed by the Corporate Accounting department, including producing audited financial statements, managing month-end close duties, and reviewing/approving account reconciliations.
The position will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field from a 4-year accredited institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (preferred)
- Possess work-related experience (a plus, not required)
- Coordinate 5-day month-end close deadlines across all departments
- Coordinate quarterly and year-end financial audits with external audit firm
- Ensure compliance with related Jsox controls
- Manage corporate accounting staff responsible for company-wide balance sheet chart of accounts
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting to management, parent company, and auditors
- Prepare annual budgets for centralized operating expenses
- Prepare monthly reconciliations over debt, retained earnings, and other critical accounts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements
- Review and approve monthly reconciliations for the balance sheet chart of accounts
- Effective in employee management and development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB, and IFRS reporting standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software with advanced proficiency in Excel
- SAP preferred
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.