Website Relativity Space
Additive Weld and Simulation Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Additive Weld and Simulation Engineer|
|Location||Long Beach, CA, United States|
Relativity Space is building humanity’s multi-planetary future by using software-defined manufacturing, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and autonomous robotics. The company’s long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The company is seeking an Additive Welding Engineer who will join the multifaceted Additive team comprised of software, automation, computer vision, manufacturing, and welding engineers.
The position’s main objective will be to develop, execute and evaluate our 3D printing technology using experimental and numerical testing.
The candidates will help drive our additive processes by designing, printing, and evaluating test articles to help improve the procedures of our printed structures.
- The prospective applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 1+ years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with thermal-mechanical finite element modeling using ABAQUS or equivalent CAE software.
- Develop printing and simulation testing procedures
- Identify the root cause of failures and implement countermeasures on the production floor to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Identify, address, and resolve current and potential future additive issues.
- Perform large-scale simulations to support our production prints.
- Provide feedback to design engineers in manufacturing review
- Work with design, automation, manufacturing, and welding engineers to bring parts from design to production
Preferred but Not Required
- Experience with arc aluminum welding.
- Experience with synergic weld systems.
- Fundamental understanding of statistical methods and experimental design, with experience in Finite Element modeling.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, materials, welding, and simulation with 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience taking ownership of development projects.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding and additive manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail with follow-through and ability to clearly present and report to team members across all departments.
- The company offers a competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend, and more.
Relativity Space is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.