Advanced Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Advanced Welding Engineer|
|Function||Engineering, Project Management, Consulting|
|Location||Kansas City, MO, United States|
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing and Technologies business manage the US Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico. It manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for the nation’s defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for the nation’s defense and national security.
The company is looking for a candidate to join our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers.
The prospective candidates should have either a Bachelor of Science Degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Materials Science, Aerospace, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics from an accredited program in a welding school.
- The applicants should have 2 years of progressive, applied experience in engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment.
- Technical understanding of stainless-steel welding metallurgy
- Experience performing welding engineering or similar metal product processing
- Resistance welding process, and/or furnace processes experience using and developing weld procedures for EBW, LBW, GTAW,
- Research and development experience in welding processes and/or welding metallurgy
Note: US citizenship to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Applies technical engineering skillset to analyze process efficiency, troubleshoot defects, perform quality control functions, and drive cost savings
- Performs Welding Engineering duties to support daily welding operations
- Evaluate, apply and develop complex welding specifications in cooperation with the customer
- Develops robust and repeatable joining procedures for high precision components using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Electron Beam Welding (EBW), Laser Beam Welding (LBW), Resistance Welding, and Vacuum Furnace Brazing
- Presents technical reports and communicates technical, directly to customer subject matter experts
- Writes weld qualification test reports, weld procedure specifications, and work instructions
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and materials
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit complex engineering and process equipment software
- Strong desire to drive advancements in welding technology and processes
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.