Website Exotic Metals Forming (Parker Aerospace)
Aerospace Component TIG Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Aerospace Component TIG Welder|
|Location||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
|Company||Exotic Metals Forming (Parker Aerospace)|
Exotic Metals Forming (a division of Parker Aerospace) is a leader in state-of-the-art, high-temperature, high-strength sheet metal designs and fabrications for the aerospace industry.
The company is looking for an Aerospace Component Fabricator who will perform a variety of operations including welding, assembly, and inspection of sheet metal aerospace components while working in a fast pace environment.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have previous experience in welding aerospace components comprised of Nickel and Titanium Alloys.
- Able to gain and keep certifications and stamps as Quality Assurance Inspector up to date.
- Able to operate manufacturing machinery associated with typical aerospace processes.
- Accurately documents inspection findings.
- Capable of obtaining and holding required Exotic Metals weld qualifications/certifications.
- Checks required dimensions using calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and other inspection tools or fixtures.
- Completes moderate to advanced fitting and welding tasks while applying standard practices.
- Ensures dimensions and finishes meet required tolerances and standards against sketches, blueprints, manufacturing planning, and specifications.
- Interprets and follows written instructions, sketches, weld schedules, drawings, and documents.
- Knows when to stop and find appropriate interpretation when necessary.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of how to produce quality parts.
- May train others on the prior job experience.
- Meets or exceeds operations standards for efficiency.
- Must be able to use mathematics relevant to functions.
- Performs all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Performs drilling, reaming, countersinking, and riveting, to assemble a variety of sheet metal sub-assemblies that meet required tolerances and standards.
- Performs repairs such as weld defects, assembly anomalies, dents, and scratches.
- Performs spot-welding, seam-welding, poke tacking and braze preparation.
- Regularly evaluates his/her own area, processes, part quality, and standards for continuous improvement.
- Successfully completes the Exotic Metals TIG weld training program or has equivalent experience.
- Uses hand and power tools, to scribe, grind, deburr, size, and fit a variety of sheet metal detail parts, sub-assemblies, or complete units. Adjusts alignment and mating pieces to required tolerances.
- Works under limited oversight.
- Able to learn how to inspect a broad variety of parts.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Capable of assembly of basic to complex aerospace components.
- Knowledge of shop math and precision measurement equipment.
- Possess adequate knowledge of manufacturing to be able to anticipate problems in order to implement effective and productive inspection techniques.
- Will need to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing, hammering, and handling of material.
- Require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing, hammering, and handling of material.
- Use of protective clothing, goggles, helmets with protective lenses, and other equipment to prevent burns and eye injuries from welding, assembly, and machine
Exotic Metals Forming (a division of Parker Aerospace) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company encourages qualified Preferred Veterans, women, minorities, and people with disabilities to apply. It evaluates all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit exoticmetals-openhire.silkroad.com.