Aerospace Welder Job Highlights
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
Astranis predominantly builds small, low-cost telecommunications satellites. The company is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. It is building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
The company is looking for an Aerospace Welder (orbital tube welder) who will be responsible for the welding of assemblies of propulsion components in a cleanroom environment.
The position will be involved in the fabrication of multiple geostationary satellites and test equipment.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- Experience working in a cleanroom
- Hands-on experience working with fluid systems
- Experience welding rocket or satellite propulsion systems
- Experience with x-ray inspection
- Experience working with pressurized systems
- Familiarity with welding standards like AWS D17.1
- Welding and weld inspection certifications
- Assure process quality, repeatability, and continuous improvement
- Operate equipment like an orbital tube welder, helium leak detector, manual TIG welder, drill press, chop saw, and weld fixturing
- Weld and inspect the welds of high purity fluidic systems
- Work in a cleanroom environment with high-value hardware
- Demonstrated capabilities in orbital tube welding and working in a production environment
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Astranis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for the jobs regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.