Aftermarket Technician Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Aftermarket Technician Welder|
|Location||Beltsville, MD, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is seeking an Aftermarket Technician Welder to join its team for manufacturing and operation needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- GTAW weld certification for Inconel and Stainless-Steel alloys to AWS D17.1
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of aerospace welding experience.
- Ability to perform testing of components using high air pressure and/or water under pressure per safety operation procedures
- Ability to prepare a concise and accurate documentation package
- Certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser Welding.
- Effectively communicate with customers and auditors as needed.
- Ensure quality of parts through visual inspection and physical measurement using a wide variety of hand tools and gages.
- Expected to work in accordance with general safety rules and practices, train other technicians as required, participate in continuous improvement of processes, keep work area clean and free from hazards following 5S+ guidelines.
- Fabricate details for tubes, hoses, or duct and bellow assemblies by shearing, scribing, cutting, grinding and fitting, and forming to tight tolerances
- Must be a team player and be able to multi-task.
- Operate manual lathes, and drill press to perform a sequence of precision operations such as machining, grinding, carbon boring on a variety of metal components
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor, which could include receiving/shipping, final test, and non-destructive testing.
- Perform various operations such as polishing, grinding, sandblasting, cleaning, spray coating to specifications.
- Read blueprints and in accordance with standard shop practices
- Responsible for finished parts conformity to the procedure, print, or specification.
- Weld using GTAW on Inconel & Stainless-Steel alloys having a thickness range of .020” to .112” per AWS D17.1. Certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser Welding
- Will also perform work in FAA repair station. Which would require an operator to evaluate, disassemble, inspect, disposition, and reassemble customer field returns in accordance with component overhaul manuals and/or other approved technical documents. Perform all tasks to the FAA, EASA, and CAAC-approved procedures.
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- ERP experience (MFG Pro)
- GTAW weld certification for Titanium alloys to AWS D17.1
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Understands CMM’s, S/B’s, engineering drawings, and repair sketches.
- Ability to certify in Auto-TIG welding, Seam Welding, and/or Laser Welding
- Basic understanding of blueprint drawings and ability to follow detailed written instructions
- Excellent metal fitting and fabrication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to pass vision test annually
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours a day
- Must have use of both hands
- Participation in DOT random drug and alcohol testing program for safety-sensitive work.
- Position requires advanced shop math and the use of precision measuring instruments such as dial calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and depth gauges
- Position requires exposure to oil, dust, dirt, and heat.
- Position requires wearing PPE including an apron, safety glasses, and hearing protection
- Requires a thorough understanding of visual weld inspection methods including the use of instruments to aid in the inspection process
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship for visa
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.