Aggregate Plant Laborer Job Highlights
|Title||Aggregate Plant Laborer|
|Location||Atascadero, CA, United States|
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is looking for an Aggregate Plant Laborer who will perform a combination of duties involving general maintenance and operation of an aggregate plant. The duties will include shoveling, sweeping, plant maintenance, and some equipment operation.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 to 3 years of experience (preferred), but willing to train
- Welding experience (a plus)
- Complete daily service requirements of the aggregate plant for preventative maintenance issues.
- General labor duties such as shoveling and sweeping.
- General maintenance of water pumps and electrical requirements and wear-prevention of equipment.
- Operate mobile equipment including man lifts and some heavy equipment.
- Repair crusher, i.e. liner changes, oil systems, and operations, monitor and change worn parts.
- Some weekend work will be required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
- Work at other Central Coast locations may occasionally be required.
- Work safely and efficiently to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb stairs/ladders up to 24’
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one-on-one setting
- Be available for overtime, extended hours, and weekends as required for timely project completion
- Familiarity with MSHA regulations (a plus)
- The majority of work is outside in all weather conditions.
- Use of shovel and broom.
- Use of various electric and air-powered hand, welding, and cutting tools
- Valid commercial driver’s license with a clean record
- Understanding of operations and safety requirements for the equipment.
- Understanding of the type and quality of materials being produced.
- Working knowledge of aggregate production and associated equipment.
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.