Aggregate Plant Mechanic Job Highlights
|Aggregate Plant Mechanic
|Dupont, WA, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is recruiting an Aggregate Plant Mechanic who will be responsible for safe repair and maintenance of mining equipment typically found in an aggregate facility including crushers, screen decks, conveyors, drums, etc.
Expected to complete pre-shift and post-shift equipment inspections, submit required daily documentation, and assist in plant operations as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current MSHA Training Certification (preferred)
- Experience operating heavy equipment used in aggregate facilities (loaders, dozers, road graders) preferred
- Address any housekeeping issues within the workspace
- Drive to various facilities to perform maintenance and repair tasks; may also include periodic work at ready-mix plants
- Perform safety and mechanical inspections of the plant and equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays
- Understand and comply with MSHA rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Able to work in wet or dry conditions and extreme heat and cold
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of crushers, wash plants, conveyors, material washers, and various other types of fixed equipment used in the industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Physical requirements: able to lift or move up to 100 lbs., stand, walk, climb, bend, stretch, kneel, crouch, and drive on rough terrain
- Proficient in welding and cutting
- Proficient operator of forklifts, man lifts, cranes, and boom trucks
- Provide own tools typically used in aggregate facility maintenance
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- May enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.