Aggregate Plant Operator Job Highlights
|Aggregate Plant Operator
|Atascadero, CA, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is seeking an Aggregate Plant Operator who will perform tasks required to safely and efficiently operate fixed and mobile equipment typically used in an aggregate plant.
Responsible for being proficient in maintenance and repairs of fixed equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current MSHA Training Certification (preferred)
- Experience welding and cutting (a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in various aggregate plant equipment (crushers, wash plants, conveyors, material washers, and various other types of fixed and mobile equipment used in the aggregate industry)
- Interface with internal and external customers, vendors, and contractors in a professional manner
- Operate various types of heavy equipment including loaders, haul trucks, and water trucks
- Participate in repair and maintenance activities including screen changes, conveyor belt repair and adjustment, and crusher line changes, and perform cutting, grinding, and welding as needed
- Perform daily inspections of the plant equipment, mobile equipment, and plant site to ensure face, reliable, and compliant operations to maximize production and minimize interruptions
- Perform record-keeping requirements relating to safety, production, and maintenance
- Successfully completes and maintains Method 9 Emissions certification
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Ability to lift and or move 75 lbs. on a routine basis; 100 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Able to work in wet or dry conditions and extreme heat and cold
- Excellent customer service, conflict resolution, and communication skills
- Familiarity with aggregates and construction materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, etc.
- Knowledge of the equipment and methods used in the production process, and related aspects of materials storage, handling, and distribution of aggregates
- Physical requirements: using various hand tools, working in inclement weather, able to lift/move up to 100 lbs., climbing, walking, and standing
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Company-paid life/AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid sick/vacation/holidays
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.