Website Aviation Structure Repairs
Aircraft Welder/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Salary||$20-$35 per hour|
|Location||Albany, GA, United States|
|Company||Aviation Structure Repairs|
Aviation Structure Repairs specializes in contract staffing, direct-hire, contingent staffing, temp to perm, and executive search. The company has an extensive and established database of top aviation talent and a recruitment team of aviation-experienced professionals with decades of commercial and aviation/aerospace industry hands-on knowledge and expertise.
The company is seeking a Welder/Fabricator who will support the maintenance and repair of aircraft and associated components.
Performs welding to repair, modify, fabricate, or overhaul aircraft components, tooling, and other items requested.
Includes use of plasma arc cutters, scarfing, oxygen-acetylene, TIG welding, and other associated welding equipment.
Note: All work must be in accordance with the appropriate maintenance manual, overhaul manual, structural manual, and/or drawings.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2 years of practical aircraft welding experience or an equivalent combination of experience (program) and education.
- FAA Airframe rating preferred
- Heavy vehicle and industrial facility welding preferred
- NDT experience preferred
- TIG welder experience preferred
- Completes job and traveler cards, forms, and paperwork as required.
- Designs support and fabrication tooling required for welding and assembly.
- Develops and fabricates fixtures and tooling to support aircraft and component operations.
- Ensures communication of all work handoffs for shift changes and technician changes.
- Lays out and fits all parts, maintaining all dimensional parameters.
- Performs TIG butt and fillet welding.
- Performs welding of aerospace stainless steel and aluminum to blueprint and industry specifications using manual and/or automatic equipment.
- Prepares parts for post-weld inspection processes such as dye penetrant, X-ray, and chemical treatments.
- Prepares parts for welding including cutting, blending, chamfering, and cleaning.
- Provides manufacturing feedback to aircraft mechanics, repair engineers regulatory auditors, and customers.
- Set up TIG machines for the type and thickness of the material being worked.
- Ability to calculate basic to intermediate mathematical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job-related issues.
- Ability to conduct recommended preventive maintenance of welding equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings, and documents.
- Ability to reason, organize and solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot welds and welding equipment.
- Ability to use precision hand tools, standard mechanical tools, and fabrication shop equipment.
- Basic overall knowledge of aircraft systems and major components.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within a team environment or independently.
- Opportunity to enroll in any health, life, dental, disability, or other insurance programs
- Receive paid time off
Aviation Structure Repairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit asr.applytojob.com.