Website Howmet Aerospace
Alloy Control Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Alloy Control Operator|
|Type||Full Time (afternoon shift)|
|Location||Dover, NJ, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is seeking an Alloy Control Operator to join its team for the Howmet Alloy plant for various manufacturing needs.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Obviously, work experience is not required, yet having this is considered a plus.
- Be able to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Cut or shear bars for furnace charges to customer’s required weight using cutting or billet shear equipment.
- Deduct charge cut weights from total pounds in the hopper.
- Delivery charges to Dover Casting (customer) when necessary.
- Grind chamfer charges.
- Maintain all inventory statistics as required.
- Maintain logbook with charge cuts.
- May be required to TIG weld to required charge weights.
- Operate score and break.
- Prepare serialized metal tags for cut charges and stamp with heat code when required.
- Prepare shipping labels.
- Properly place charges in totes for transportation.
- Request and prepare element additions for charges when required.
- Retrieve hopper as specified by customer heat number.
- Must be able to read and understand digital and analog scales.
- Must be accurate in recording and transferring multi-digit numbers.
- Must become adept in using alloy identification equipment.
- Must learn TIG weld skills.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Attend all EHS training.
- Comply with all departments, facility, corporate, and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principles.
- Report all job-related illnesses and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health, and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
Physical Demands/Equipment Used
- Alloy identification machine
- Bar breaker
- Cutoff saw
- Digital scales
- Electric forklift
- Hand grinder
- Leather gloves
- Marking devices
- Metal tags
- Overhead and jib cranes
- Ruler/tape measure
- Stamping equipment
- TIG welder
- Vacuum lift device
The company offers a comprehensive package of benefits that include-
- 13 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, the company may match a percentage of your pre-tax contributions
- Employee Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition Assistance Program
- Employer contribution to your Retirement Savings Plan account each pay period
- Free fitness center membership
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision benefits offered upon hire
- Paid vacation each year, based on length of service
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit aa176.taleo.net.