Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Aluminum Welder 1/C Job Highlights
|Title||Aluminum Welder 1/C|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is looking for an Aluminum Welder 1/C, who will lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts according to specifications.
Select equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
Work with other crafts as instructed by supervision.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass ABS American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) welding tests to be ABS Certified.
- Possess 1 to 3 years of experience as a flux core arc welder (desired)
- Requires working knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate work processes and techniques for fitting and welding steel and other materials.
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, welding symbols, safety, OSHA, and ABS regulations.
- Requires experience and knowledge of gouging, mirror welding, Mig, and stick welding; experience with carbon, stainless steel, and aluminum welding.
- Comply with Company, federal, state, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Fit, tack, and weld component parts in position, and examine welds for adherence to specifications.
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using a micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemble according to specifications.
- Monitor working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations.
- Produce high-quality welds, including water-tight penetrations with a variety of materials including weld steel, stainless, and aluminum.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Weld components in the flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.