Website Precision Castparts Corporation
Aluminum Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (day shift)
|Ogden, UT, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is searching for an Aluminum Welder who will be responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding, and weld finishing operations to manufacture products to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 months of training or experience
- Chooses the best method to fix metal defects
- Identifies defects and discontinuities in metal
- Interprets mechanical drawings, including welding requirement symbols
- Performs basic maintenance on welding equipment
- Performs grinding and finishing when needed
- Processes inspection, certification, and documentation
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with tens and 100s
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers
- Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. frequently
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. occasionally
- Able to meet individual productivity requirements
- Able to meet internal quality requirements
- Able to read and comprehend English
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and specifications regarding parts.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Able to write reports and business correspondence. (Customer specifications, weld maps, part serialization, weld techniques, weld restrictions, document weld size and restrictions, and general weld information.)
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to use conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- Able to work in a production environment.
- Certified or certifiable in assigned welding techniques.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including the company’s attendance policy.
- Knowledge of tig welding techniques and requirements for various steel and aluminum alloys.
- Near vision requirement is Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent AND Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less than 16 inches. Far vision test in at least one eye-Sneller chart 20/30 minimum. Corrected or uncorrected.
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld setup parameters.
- Continuous required physical demands include using hands to handle or feel.
- Environmental conditions encountered continuously include fumes or airborne particles.
- Environmental conditions encountered occasionally include working near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Frequent required physical demands include sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional required physical demands include reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, balancing, stooping or squatting, talking, hearing, pushing, or pulling.
- The typical noise environment for the work environment of this job is Moderate Noise. (Appropriate ear protection is required.)
- Works under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the performance of the majority of duties. Makes decisions when general instructions, established methods, and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken but refer unusual problems to superiors.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.