Website Baker Hughes
AMO Technician/Welding Brazier Job Highlights
|Title||AMO Technician/Welding Brazier|
|Location||Mount Pearl, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is hiring an AMO Technician/Welding Brazier with proper knowledge of welding, brazing, assembly, and maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic welding experience, brazing experience (preferred)
- Assist in reworking, repairing, testing, and modifying non-conforming equipment.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Conducts mechanical inspections.
- Develops skills to read and interpret blueprints.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Help facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance throughput within the work team.
- Learn skills to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with Baker Hughes qualification procedures.
- Maintain assigned equipment in accordance with operating specifications. Routinely paints and refurbishes equipment.
- May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment.
- Perform welding/brazing applications.
- Supports the team and the team’s objectives.
- Understand how to perform visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner required
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, assembly prints, and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment required
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes required
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills required
- Strong focus on safety
- Strong housekeeping ability in order to maintain the cleanliness of the shop.
- Ability to operate crane/hoist and pallet jack
- Availability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, if required
- Carbide and brazing experience
- Forklift experience
- Knowledge of completion tools. i.e., Liner hangers, setting tools, back pressure valves, disconnects, etc.
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and their uses (examples: tapes, dial test indicator, micrometer, torque wrenches, vernier calipers)
- Knowledge of power and pneumatic tools and their uses (examples: drill, grinder, polisher, sander, screwdriver, wrenches, and sockets)
- Knowledge of workshop equipment and their uses (examples: air compressor, cleaning equipment, grease gun, hoist, jack, lifting equipment, measuring equipment, diagnostic equipment, pressure testing equipment)
- Proficient in reading/interpreting assembly blueprints and following written and verbal work instructions
- Relevant industrial experience (Airline, Military, Oilfield, Automotive)
- SAP knowledge preferable
- Weld qualification/certification
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Safety-net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.