AMS Technical Support Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||AMS Technical Support Engineer|
|Location||Dunfermline, Scotland, UK|
KONGSBERG is an international technology group that delivers advanced and reliable solutions that improve safety, security, and performance in complex operations and under extreme conditions from the deep sea to outer space.
The group consists of three business areas: Kongsberg Maritime, Kongsberg Defence, and Aerospace and Kongsberg Digital.
The company is seeking an AMS Technical Support Engineer who will undertake primarily mechanical engineering support activities for our stabiliser and steering gear products primarily within, but not limited to, Aftermarket Services (AMS).
As well as working alongside the AMS Engineers, the role will provide technical support to Spares, Service, Projects, Operations/Sales, and Proposals personnel with any related support tasks.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having basic education will be a plus.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience in the design of mechanical components for steel fabrication and assembly
- Experience in mechanical design assessment using a range of tools and techniques (desirable)
- Experience in the use of MRP/ERP systems (desirable)
- Practical mechanical experience (desirable)
- Creation of work package information such as procedures and BOMs within the ERP system.
- Engineering tasks associated with the production and overhaul of original equipment manufactured products, predominantly ship stabilisers, and steering gear.
- Global customer and operator support and training. (may include overseas travel)
- Maintenance and management of the worklist database.
- Remote Point Of Contact for field service engineers, customers, and sales for aftermarket technical queries.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, various relevant applications)
- Knowledge of classification society rules (desirable)
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures, welding, machine shop, casting, and forging techniques
- Valid EU Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
- Working knowledge of control systems (desirable)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics (desirable)
- Customer Focus
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
To apply for this job please visit www.kongsberg.com.