Arc Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Waycross, GA, United States|
GATX Corporation provides innovative, unparalleled service that enables customers to transport what matters safely and sustainably while championing the well-being of our employees and communities.
The company is recruiting an Arc Welder who will make weldments on ferrous and non-ferrous materials using electric arc, hand heliarc, or semi-automatic heliarc welding process, involving any type of weld for required appearance and quality requirements in any position.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess prior experience in welding and fabrication
- Assists other workmen in placing, fitting, and attaching parts as assigned.
- Certifications are held per AWS D 15.1.
- Communicates with a supervisor as needed
- Comply with the established safety policies, support continuing awareness for safety, and when possible recommend specific changes and improvements to health and safety policies and programs.
- Finishes weld by removing slag and grinding when necessary.
- Jack cars, remove trucks, position to tank rolls, disassembles to repair or gain access to parts needing repair and reassemble as necessary.
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Locates and tests areas to be welded for leaks by use of soap suds and air, etc., rechecking as necessary.
- Lubricates and makes minor repairs to assigned small power, mechanical and hand tools, replacing broken and worn parts. Lubricate, gauge, and adjust car parts as necessary.
- Moves, sets up and adjusts equipment, and selects proper rods to perform work assigned.
- Performs minor layouts required in the performance of prescribed duties.
- Prepares surface to be welded; burns, gauges, fits, tacks, and welds as necessary to complete repair (Example: splices, patches, shims, cracks, etc.)
- Remove, replace, layout, burn, shape ream, and straighten as necessary to perform various repairs to tanks hell proper, fittings, couplers, gears, underframe, safety applicants, insulation jacket, and related components.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide two-digit numbers
- Ability to perform moderate physical exertion in performing arc welding on ground level and overhead
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as IO instructions, FM instructions, work orders, and AAR Field Manual
- Ability to safely lift up to 51 lbs. regularly and safely lift up to 85 lbs. occasionally from the ground surface
- Must be able to physically enter confined spaces and work in enclosed environments
- Must be able to push/pull horizontally up to 140 lbs. of force
- Must be able to work in extreme temperature environments
- Proficient with torch cutting
- Financial Security
- Health and Wellness
- Work/Life Balance
GATX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.gatx.com.