Assembler (1st Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Assembler – 1st Shift|
|Location||Santa Ana, CA, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Power Distribution is looking for an Assembler who will timely and accurately build sub-assemblies and assemblies to customer specifications involving complex and repetitive wiring and mechanics for Power Distribution Units (PDU), Remote Power Panels (RPP), and Transformers.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Adhere to company, environmental, health, safety rules and regulations
- Be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly
- Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to build sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Inspect completed assemblies to ensure compliance with quality standards and make necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals
- Provide process and safety improvement ideas
- Use heavy industrial equipment, including cranes, winding machines, fabrication, welding, and brazing equipment
- Use various fixtures, gauges, hand tools, and power tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Experience in production, packaging or construction, or equivalent education
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance, and/or repair
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures, wiring diagrams, and bills of material
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position
- Ability to use a crane once fully trained to lift items
- Ability to use hand tools and other machines to manipulate metal and or wire
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.