Website GEA Group
Assembler (Level 3) Job Highlights
|Title||Assembler (Level 3)|
|Location||Richmond, BC, Canada|
GEA Group is one of the largest technology suppliers for food processing and a wide range of other industries. The global group specializes in machinery, plants, as well as process technology, and components. GEA provides sustainable solutions for sophisticated production processes in diverse end-user markets and offers a comprehensive service portfolio.
The company is seeking an Assembler III who will be responsible for welding steel components on freezers, freezer assemblies, and components.
In addition, this position is required to assist with assembly activities and will report to a Lead Hand or an Assembler.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a basic education will be a plus.
- The applicants are expected to have some prior work-related experience.
- Able to weld using GTAW and GMAW processes on stainless steel or aluminum
- Assist in preparation for shipment
- Clean and grind welds
- Perform housekeeping duties and comply with housekeeping policies
- Plan and sequence welding to ensure minimum distortion and warping
- Prepare material for assembly, including cutting and preparation of raw materials
- Select optimal welding processes and parameters.
- Setup welding equipment to suit the requirements of the task.
- Able to operate a variety of hand tools
- Be able to weld in a variety of welding positions
- Competent in using both GTAW and GMAW welding equipment
- Knowledge of welding parameters and settings and their influence on the welding process
- Perform basic maintenance on welding machine components.
- Capable of operating an overhead crane
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and practices
GEA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.gea.com.