Website Stanley Black & Decker
Assembler Job Highlights
|Location||Two Harbors, MN, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
Stanley Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world-class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty, and Pengo.
The company (Stanley Infrastructure) is hiring an Assembler who will be responsible for the assembly of heavy hydraulic attachments and all products of the Stanley LaBounty product line.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent; High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- One-year vocational school or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Basic drill press operation, manual drilling, and tapping.
- Basic welding skills (wire feed/arc welding/arc airing).
- Conduct precise measurements for blade adjustment plates and guide blade seats.
- Proper assembly of all basic shears and universal processors
- Proper documentation of inspection forms.
- Safe and accurate operation of hose crimping machine and ability to follow hose charts.
- Understand and operate hones, related honing equipment, and stone grades.
- Use all measuring tools (calipers, inside/outside mics, etc.).
- Conduct final inspection of attachments before shipping and complete proper documentation.
- Identify and assemble non-rotating brackets and proper fitting of bushings and pins.
- Identify and inventory parts bin
- Operate all testing equipment safely and accurately; test tanks and pressure gauges.
- Proper assembly of complete rotating grapples and testing.
- Read and follow all hydraulic group prints and B/Ms, including cylinder instructions.
- Assemble and inspect parts orders for immediate shipments.
- Assemble basic rotation assembly without accumulator kits.
- Basic rotation assembly.
- Complete assembly of accumulators with wiring harness, intensifier installation, and testing.
- Document all new hoses and hydraulic routings
- Follow all assembly prints and B/Ms for all products.
- Good communication skills for answering sales and service questions.
- Identify attachment components for “B” level jobs.
- Inspect and reject components that don’t meet engineering criteria.
- Locate parts, prints, B/Ms, and W.O’s by using Navision/SAP
- Proper reporting of the cost of quality areas.
- Work with R&D, Production, and Engineering on all new products and document each assembly procedure accurately.
- Ability to coordinate work with all other manufacturing departments to ensure timely completion of attachments.
- Ability to follow prints and B/M for all product basic assembly.
- Ability to handle all materials safely using a Jib hoist overhead crane and forklift.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve all attachment problems.
- Ability to understand and follow production/shipping schedules.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral assembly procedures
- Basic understanding of bolt grades and torques.
- Basic understanding of fastening devices (bolts, nuts, washers).
- Knowledge of lifting devices (chains, straps, slings, etc.).
- Proper, safe use of all hand tools.
- Read and understand drill tap charts (SAE and metric).
- Understanding functions and applications of hydraulic attachments.
- Continuous standing and walking; repetitive motion of hand/wrist.
- Intermittent bending; crouching; repetitive motion of elbow/shoulder; pushing/pulling and lifting 15-30 pounds.
- Seldom climbing; reaching above; lifting over 30 pounds without assistance; working at heights or laying in a prone position.
- And the lifting of 1-15 pounds.
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more.
Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.