Assembly Mechanic (Level 3) Job Highlights
|Title||Assembly Mechanic – Level 3|
|Location||Christchurch, England, UK|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy.
The company is seeking an Assembly Mechanic to join its Aerospace team. The position will be required to repair, overhaul and modify a variety of mechanical, pneumatic, heat transfer, air turbines, and electro-mechanical aircraft components.
This includes all aspects of the repair process including Diagnostic fault finding, strip, initial inspection, parts call up, build, and testing of the final units.
- The applicants should have an engineering apprenticeship (aerospace preferred but open to other engineering disciplines) or a time-served engineer in a similar position.
- The candidates should have prior experience working on mechanical assembly.
- Communication and problem resolution – Responsible for Rapid Problem Solving (RPS) activities in the cell, that will require day-to-day communication with functions (e.g. engineering, quality, materials, and customer support).
- Data reporting – daily reporting of data required to support site operating system, refer to standard work example in the appendix.
- Interpret Component Maintenance Manuals Service Bulletins and other Technical data approved by the regulator required to perform the Repair and Overhaul duties.
- Perform a preliminary inspection of the unit to include a diagnostic test, disassembly, cleaning, and component inspection.
- Perform a final test of the unit in accordance with approved data to determine eligibility for return to service
- Process units in accordance with the Quality Management System and Repair Station Manual and MOE.
- Repair/Overhaul and assemble the unit in accordance with approved technical data. Determine the material required to Overhaul/Repair
- Be a team player
- Ability to work with various hand tools
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.