Website Martinrea International
Assistant Quality Manager Job Highlights
|Assistant Quality Manager
|Jonesville, MI, United States
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is searching for an Assistant Quality Manager who will provide leadership and direction to the Quality Department and report to the Quality Manager.
Responsible for department support and continual improvement of quality management systems and practices to ensure that products and processes adhere to internal and customer specifications and standards.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in a Quality position in the automotive industry (at least 3 years at a management level)
- Must have experience in a stamping or welding facility Tier 1 automotive experience is considered a strong asset
- Quality Assurance Certificate (ASQ) preferred
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Highly skilled at time management and a proven ability to lead a large team
- Manage and mentor members of the quality team, ensuring appropriate training, coaching, and discipline is given, driving the department’s superior performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to the customer, internal, IATF 16949:20106, and ISO9001 standards and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Address all quality-related problems and provide prompt resolutions and recommendations so as to minimize production interruption
- Champion the needs of the customer in internal functions.
- Partner with the customer to ensure open communication and continuous support
- Drive internal quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Utilize continuous improvement to reduce waste and maximize the effectiveness of all processes
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory, and operational expense
- Thorough knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Proficient in the understanding and use of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment (venires, micrometer, height gauges, profile projector, etc.)
- 401k plan
- Supplier Discounts
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.