Associate Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Associate Mechanical Technician|
|Location||Suwanee, GA, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is searching for an Associate Mechanical Technician who will perform mechanical assembly of structures, mechanisms, and assemblies per designated drawings and procedures.
The position involves the assembly and installation of a low volume, high technology, high variation product mix, produced in a project-driven build-to-order production working environment. Tasks include equipment maintenance and cleaning activities associated with various products and facilities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 year of minimum assembly/manufacturing experience or a combination of applicable coursework and job experience.
- Assist in the fabrication of panels and structures as required, often cutting materials, clamping, gluing, lifting, and painting.
- Clean parts or components using hand tools and power tools.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Fasten and install piping, fixtures, or wiring, and electrical components to specifications.
- Fasten components or parts together, using hand tools, rivet guns, torque wrenches, and welding equipment.
- Inspect and test parts and accessories for leakage, defects, or functionality, using electronic, optical, and mechanical test equipment.
- Lay-out, drill, ream, tap and cut parts for assembly.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance per instructions and update checklists.
- Positions and aligns components for assembly, manually, or utilizing various material handling tools and equipment.
- Read assembly blueprints, schematics, and specification manuals, and assist with assembly, wiring, and/or machine building operations.
- Remove rough spots and finish surfaces to fit
- Rework, repair, and replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Set and verify clearance of parts.
- Verify conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Ability to accurately follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to become forklift, aerial device/elevated platform, and rigging certified.
- Ability to learn blueprint and schematic reading.
- Ability to manually lift/move 45 pounds.
- Accurate record-keeping skills.
- Blueprint and schematic reading
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment. MIG and TIG Welding capabilities.
- Manufacturing and Mechanical background beneficial
- Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering background desirable.
- Optical or laser alignment experience is desirable
- Set-up and operation of metalworking equipment such as milling, drilling, turning, and grinding machinery to shape or fabricate parts.
- Set-up, operation, and MDI of CNC machinery
- Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance.
- This position will require domestic and international travel, approximately 25% of the time.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.