Website Lockheed Martin
Associate Quality Engineering Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Associate Quality Engineering Manager|
|Location||Cruz, CA, United States|
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services.
The company is seeking an Associate Quality Engineering Manager who will manage the development, execution of Quality Systems and Quality teams within the Assembly Test Launch Operations (ATLO), NDT, Receiving Inspection, and Manufacturing and Production teams at the SCF.
- The prospective applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline (e.g. Engineering Field) or Equivalent Discipline (e.g. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) completed from an accredited college/university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing/ hardware test engineering experience, be familiar with test equipment, and have some background with test planning documentation and leading engineering and technical teams
- Previous experience working in an assembly, integration, and test or manufacturing/ test environment in an engineering role
- Ability to lead/participate in gathering of QA Engineering metrics gathering and compiling for higher-level review.
- Act as a POC/ Technical SME and leader for Quality Engineering issues
- Audit, monitor, and witness test processes for compliance with requirements and keep a watchful eye for risk opportunities
- Collaborate with LOBs/ Programs, DCMA, as well as the Engineering, Program Quality, Production, NDT, and Mission Success MFOs
- Communicate regularly with counterparts, and proactively engage in issue resolution
- Drive effective utilization of resources and the coordination between Production Quality and the Prod Ops Organizations to implement effective processes that are utilized across the enterprise. Responsible to ensure Quality disciplines are maintained across the Santa Cruz site
- Employ decision-making skills to identify appropriate Quality Organization involvement in new and existing programs and technologies
- Ensure that strong QA shift pass-down notes are disseminated
- Manage the Quality functions and staff within the Production Quality Organization at the Santa Cruz site for all production operations areas
- Oversee the coordination of coverage between the Quality Organization covering the ATLO test group and the manufacturing team efforts to effectively drive utilization of the cross-talk processes, and to implement effective processes, enterprise performance, and operation excellence
- Promote personnel and product safety within the work areas
- Provide training to other Quality Assurance personnel as needed, and support the needs of Quality Inspectors on the floor
- Support ATLO and manufacturing operations as a floor Quality Engineer when required
- Advanced knowledge of Test Engineering processes and anomaly processing
- Basic QNotes or anomaly documentation processing knowledge
- Effective ability to interface with executive leadership, customers, and various functional organizations
- Excellent communication skills to include agility to develop and present plans, reports, and briefings for both written and oral presentations with executive management (ATLO, Mfg. and Q.A.)
- Experience working high profile complex projects from start to finish
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, Enterprise Operations and experience supporting/ working multiple priorities with the skill to motivate and engage workforce at all levels
- Current or ability to acquire a Secret COMSEC clearance
- Experience working Flight Space Hardware
- Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Proven leadership to drive change through affordability initiatives
- Working knowledge of electronic systems (NCD) that affect Q.A. systems
- 401(K)/Retirement Plans
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.lockheedmartinjobs.com.