Associate Surface Designer Job Highlights
|Title||Associate Surface Designer|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Wauwatosa, WI, United States|
|Company||Harley-Davidson Motor Company|
Harley-Davidson is an American motorcycle manufacturer. It designs, assembles, and markets motorcycles and motorcycle accessories and parts. The company also offers motorcycle-related general merchandise on a wholesale basis; provides wholesale and retail financing, and insurance programs to its dealers and customers.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Vehicle Operations facility performs a variety of manufacturing operations, including fabrication, welding, polishing, painting, and producing a wide range of current and replacement parts for all models.
The company is seeking an Associate Surface Designer to join its team.
- The applicants should have passed an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Design or related technical degree (preferred) from a college or university.
- Typically, the position requires no previous professional experience.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of CAD technology through experience or classwork.
- Collaborate with our model builders to develop prototype mockups.
- Participate in design reviews with key stakeholders to evaluate designs in-vehicle context.
- Support our Styling Studio with digital development of their ideas through freeform surface modeling.
- Transform digital designs into photo-realistic imagery using rendering software and techniques.
- Work alongside our Engineering teams to ensure designs meet all requirements (functional, decorative, regulatory, and manufacturing).
- Direct modeling CAD software (ICEM/Surf, Alias).
- Manufacturing techniques include casting, injection molding, welding, and metal forming.
- Photo-realistic visualization/rendering.
- The company offers an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Harley-Davidson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.harley-davidson.com.