Website Blue Origin
Automation Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking an Automation Engineer who will develop, integrate, and qualify automated joining processes for Blue Origin’s manufacturing.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree or Higher one from a recognized college or university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of proven experience in the related field.
- Conceive, develop, and implement in-process inspection and process monitoring techniques.
- Develop and implement improvements and enhancements to existing systems.
- Participate in the specification, qualification, and acceptance testing of new systems.
- Provide production support for automated joining processes at Blue Origin (integration, programming, troubleshooting)
- Travel required for training and other support activities.
- Work with internal and external customers to integrate and automate systems at Blue Origin.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Direct experience supporting laser and/or electron beam welding processes.
- Experience working with PLCs and related components
- Experience working with process monitoring tools utilized for closed looped control and SPC.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Detailed understanding of industrial process automation and multi-axis motion control systems.
- Experience with integration/configuration of ancillary support equipment to existing systems (mechanical/electrical)
- Open to 10% travel
- Programming/operation of CNC/Robotic systems
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to a 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- ITAR – must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.