Website Hubbell Incorporated
Automation Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Broken Arrow, OK, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Construction and Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding and Tooling, Gas Connectors and Accessories, Harsh and Hazardous, and Distribution.
The company is seeking an Automation Engineer who will be responsible for using technology to improve machine design, manufacturing processes and throughput, and overall plant efficiency.
Identify and implement process improvement and cost savings opportunities with a strong focus on project leadership automation projects.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a college/university
- Trade School in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering General
- Possess preferably 3 years of proven project management experience and have a working knowledge of flexible and hard automation applications and related control systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing line issues and assist in the development of cost-saving measures.
- Supply cost estimates as needed and support product engineering regarding product modification and new designs.
- Identify and implement proper ergonomic methods.
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees.
- Cross-functional involvement including quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
- Assess/audit Automated manufacturing processes to identify improvements and failure modes
- Develop action plans and communicate improvements we can make to automated equipment
- Design and develop tooling and fixtures to support and improve production
- Work with Lean and Operations to execute improvement plans or projects
- Write work instructions, setup instructions, and operator PM for automated equipment
- Work with maintenance to minimize unplanned downtime and track OEE
- Collaborate with product management to release new parts to production
- Conduct validations on the new processes or new equipment
- Work with outside vendors to find new products or processes to improve throughput
- Review outside sources to find new technologies that can be deployed in our factories
- Advanced troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Basic Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes (i.e. Welding, Machining, Forming, and Coating)
- Basic project management and prioritization skills
- CAD Software proficiency – Solid works, AutoCAD, Inventor
- Clear and direct writing and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in fast pace manufacturing environment
- Mechanically inclined and technology-driven
- Preferred but not required – Mechanical-based hobbies outside of work
- Working knowledge of machine control systems (i.e. PLC, NC Controls, and Robotic Systems)
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.