Website Pactiv Evergreen
Automation Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Greensboro, NC, United States|
Pactiv Evergreen is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh food service and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons. The company supplies the products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full-service restaurants and quick-service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers, and food processors.
The company is hiring an Automation Technician to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates are expected to have some prior work experience in the related field.
- Installs dies, mandrels, containers, heating coils, press tools, extrusion heads, and run-out bridging in the press, using hand tools.
- May mix thermoplastic materials, according to formula, for feeding the extrusion machine.
- Measures extruded article with measuring wheel and cuts it to specified length, using a knife.
- Monitor all extrusion machines to ensure that all working parts are in alignment.
- Must be available at all times throughout his/her shift and able to assist on other shifts when problems arise.
- Record data, such as crew time, number of billets used, and items processed.
- Regulates rate of extrusion to prevent metal rupture and adherence of metal to container walls.
- Remove the roll from the spindle with a forklift and weigh the roll-on scale. Then records the length and weight of the roll-on shipping tag.
- Saws scrap tubes and rods into lengths for grinding in a hammer mill.
- Set up the extrusion machine by inputting information into a computer console, set roll gaps to precise sizes, and ensures quality control is production-grade.
- Tapes end of the extruded article to reel spindle and start machine that winds material onto the revolving spindle.
- Troubleshoots all areas and working parts of the extrusion machine.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Housekeeping on a daily basis.
- 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
- Corporate discounts
- Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
- Livongo diabetes program
- Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans, and an HSA plan)
- New Hire Wellness Bonus
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision (basic and premier coverage)
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-pactiv-evergreen.icims.com.