Website Trane Technologies
Automation Technician Job Highlights
|Location||La Crosse, WI, United States|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is searching for an Automation Technician who will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing automated systems in an industrial setting.
Work closely with other maintenance personnel as well as operations and engineering teams to ensure our production equipment stays up and running.
Automation technicians will be called upon to troubleshoot problems with these systems when they break down.
- Technical Diploma, Associate Degree from a college/university
- Experience in a production environment
- Create standard work that explains how to run equipment correctly
- Developing new automation technologies for manufacturing processes or improving existing processes
- Help coordinate planned maintenance activities to reduce unplanned failures that are costly to production
- Help develop maintenance policies, procedures, and best practices
- Install and test industrial controls, including computerized systems that monitor and regulate operations or machinery such as robots
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial control systems such as PLCs
- Operating computerized industrial controls such as PLCs, or computerized process control systems
- Perform routine inspection of machinery and equipment for defects or malfunctions
- Periodically report to leadership regarding automation capabilities and status
- Support maintenance supervision
- Work with engineering and operations teams to plan and implement equipment modifications or process upgrades
- Work with vendors and contractors daily
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with maintenance equipment
- Knowledge of Chiller products’ manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards
- Knowledge of welding, machining, and assembly processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.