Automation Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Austell, GA, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for an Automation Technician who can perform service work on the BotX Cobotic welder, weld automation equipment, and other specialty products including installation, preventative maintenance, onsite troubleshooting and service, component repair, and system integration, and upgrades while ensuring a safe working environment.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education (program) equivalent to a 1-year Technical College or Equivalent preferred.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of related technical experience
- Working knowledge of welding, automation equipment, and processes
- Working knowledge of solid-state motor controls, a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to attend a minimum of 2 weeks of company-paid training per year focused on advancing the technician’s ability to serve our customer base.
- Ability to work closely with customers as the Company’s primary contact person to build confidence and deliver for the customer and RDA.
- Assists with quarterly fixed assets and parts inventories.
- Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc’s health and safety guidelines.
- Ensures all rental/sale order and shipping documentation is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensures machines are tested, calibrated, and run according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ensures proper service documentation is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment by ensuring all health and safety guidelines are followed both at RDA and customer facilities.
- Occasionally required to service equipment and customers off-site.
- Services all types of automation & specialty products including the BotX Cobotic welding system, weld automation, induction heating, orbital welding & end prep equipment, and dry ice blasting machines.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical-related issues with the systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Action Orientation: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Cultural Competency: Cares about customers and co-workers. Create effective, collaborative, and added value by understanding and taking into account the needs of customers, and coworkers and creates a positive environment.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and operates with a strong customer-centric mindset.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with a diverse group of people.
- Problem Solving: Be proactive and take ownership and take actions to deliver the best possible results while assuming ownership and accountability.
- Safety/Personal Ownership: Protect own health and safety as well as that of others. Report unsafe situations and make others aware of possible risks take into account safety in daily work. Ensuring personal and associate commitment and compliance with safety standards and guidelines set.
- Self-Development: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Tech Savvy: Keeps up to date on technological developments and makes effective use of technology to achieve results.
- Ability to act proactively or find a solution to work-related problems.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
- Analyze information and/or problems to define objectives, concerns, patterns, and formulate conclusions
- Complete heavy workload within established time frames
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Exercise independent judgment
- Follow oral or written directions, safety and security rules
- Interact professionally with coworkers and clients
- Maintain and organize documents/files
- Organize information/people/material in a systematic way to increase efficiency
- Perform a variety of duties, often switching between tasks
- Perform job tasks despite distractions/interruptions
- Prioritize work assignments and efficiently use time
- Quickly process information
- Recognize emergency situation and take appropriate action
- Controlled climate while working indoors
- Dust and Fumes
- Heat, cold, humidity, or precipitation while working outside
- Occasionally slippery floors
- Uneven/incline/slippery surfaces to stand and/or walk on
- Vibration while riding trucks or using tools, such as air guns
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.