Website Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG)
AV Rack Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||AV Rack Fabricator|
|Location||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG)|
Audio Visual Design Group is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design and integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the globe.
The company is hiring an AV Rack Fabricator or AV Technician who will be responsible for building the cabling infrastructure of the racks needed to successfully deploy AV systems for new construction and retrofit project applications.
The candidates will maintain the racking system that meets the AVDG standard of excellence in device mounting, cable management, thermal and power management, configuration, and testing to ensure proper system functionality and performance expectations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree (program) preferred, but not required
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant AV integration experience required (AV installation, AV technician, or similar)
- Configure and assemble racks equipment for distributed audio/video systems, including various audio channels and zones, analog and digital video matrix switches, amplifiers, networks and networking solutions, cabling, panels, calibration techniques, and more.
- Manage the rack building area with safety (OSHA) guidelines, cleanliness, client property and
- Will work with various controls and automation wiring, protocols, and system programming, including infrared, RF, RS, IP control, replays, and contact closures.
- You will become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the racks, recommending solutions, add-ons, significant picture system objectives to meet the client’s needs.
- Experience with MS Office required. Solutions 365 is a huge plus but not required.
- Having a basic understanding of construction principles and work according to the current National Electrical Code and applicable laws that apply to most projects is preferred.
- Must be able to work with hand/power tools and experience with soldering required.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic electrical theory, including Ohm’s Law.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex systems, initiative, and project management experience.
- Strong understanding of thermal management in racking systems preferred.
- Understanding site plans, architectural drawings, engineering system schematics, and elevation drawings is highly preferred.
AVDG is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.