Axle Housing Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Axle Housing Technician|
|Location||Fletcher, NC, United States|
Meritor is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, and specialty and aftermarket customers around the world.
The company is looking to hire an Axle Housing Technician who will be responsible for metal forming, welding, and metal cutting for our drive axle housing according to standard work instructions and engineering specifications in a safety and quality-driven manner.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates are expected to have some previous work experience.
- Maintains specifications by observing lathe operations to include drilling, turning, and facing.
- Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting, adjusting controls, setting tool registers, and calculating compensation are also tasks required in this role.
- Determine what machine fixtures and tooling is required for the part being produced through interpretation of the work instructions, and will use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, dial indicators, and micrometers to ensure required specifications are met.
- Be responsible for machine setup and changeover, as well as the setup and operation of automated weld cells, adjustment of torches, replacement of liners, touchpoints on robots, and the verification of welds coming off of automated cells (repairing welds when required).
- Candidates are expected to identify and record any issues and initiate, recommend, or provide solutions for nonconformities through the Team Lead of the Facilitator.
- Candidates are also expected to perform rework or repair operations on nonconforming material.
- 5S standards are expected.
- Safe forklift operation experience is a requirement.
- Candidates are also required to actively participate in employee engagement and Kaizen events to assist in achieving site initiatives as outlined in the Meritor Production System.
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit meritor.jobs.net.