Website Stanley Black & Decker
Bandsaw Application Specialist Job Highlights
|Bandsaw Application Specialist
|Full Time (remote)
|Brighton, MI, United States
|Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is hiring a Bandsaw Application Specialist to join its Lenox team working as a remote employee.
- Bachelors/Associate Degree in a related field or equivalent (college/university)
- 5-7 years of mechanical/machinist in a shop environment
- 2-5 years of direct sales experience in industrial sales (strongly preferred)
- Coordinate and implement technical product and application solutions that extend value to our customers, consumers, and sales representatives
- Coordinate with Territory Account Manager(s) to effectively manage your territory, develop target opportunities, and agree upon service/maintenance requests for existing customers
- Educate end-user personnel on the fundamentals of Sawing and how to effectively run a Guaranteed Trial Order (GTO)
- Identify end-user applications to provide the most cost-effective product recommendation that will improve customer’s quality of the process as it pertains to their sawing operation
- Keep current on machine control systems and learning and applying new product information and applications.
- Keep informed on competitor activities and products
- Keep updated on the industry by attending trade shows and seminars on innovative technology
- Learn, understand, and apply all aspects of The Lenox Advantage, Site Survey Process, and reporting tool. Convince customers of the value of LENOX products, running product trials against a competitor that may have a lower price, and convincing customers of the benefits of analyzing price vs. cost
- Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot distributor welding equipment
- Motivate distributors and keep distributor sales personnel focused on technical services as important value-added services when selling
- Promote new products and product lines with distribution and end users
- Solve end-user problems through troubleshooting minor repairs, alignment, and calibration of equipment, as well as product performance and trial tests in order to achieve optimum product performance
- Utilize SFDC to collect and maintain data about products, machines, materials, end users, and distribution, both Lenox and competitive accounts.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to set priorities are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and motivation
- Knowledge of hydraulic, electric, pneumatic, and mechanical systems is preferable
- Must be able to develop and present programs to both customers and sales organization
- Must have excellent telephone, written correspondence, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com or other CRM is preferred
- Technical and mechanical ability to work with tools and machines
- Limited additional travel (outside of territory) may be required for training, customer support, and company-wide meetings.
- This position involves approximately 50% travel within the territory.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.