Barge Prep-Grinder Job Highlights
|Location||Ashland City, TN, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company is looking to hire a Barge Prep-Grinder who will work on preparing barges for paint by grinding welds, surface scrubbing, and debris clean-up.
- Applicants should have completed a High School or better in High School
- Possess 6 months to 1 year of related experience in a construction, industrial, or manufacturing plant environment (preferred)
- Barge paint preparations, grinding, pressure washing, and others
- Operate automated blast system or hand blast system
- Operate automated equipment or hand tools to clean or prepare interior and exterior product surfaces
- Perform general, manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting, and moving materials
- Remove debris, materials, and dirt
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to work effectively in a hot or cold environment while wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs to reach objects
- Must be able to work in small confined spaces
- Physical strength and dexterity
- The ability to maintain good attendance
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Preferred Motivations –
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- The company offers competitive benefits and programs to help you and your family meet your healthcare and retirement planning needs.
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.