Batch Plant Operator Job Highlights
|Batch Plant Operator
|San Diego, CA, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is looking for a Batch Plant Operator who will perform a combination of duties involving general plant maintenance and operation of mobile equipment.
This includes properly loading Ready Mix trucks and interacting with Ready Mix drivers and plant personnel.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with maintenance, operations, loaders, and forklifts
- Experience in metal cutting and fabrication, and ability to perform general maintenance on pumps and plant equipment
- Batch quality concrete within specifications, bringing any significant variances in the batching to the attention of the Plant Superintendent
- Completes daily service requirements of the plant; helps inspect the plant for preventative maintenance issues
- Effectively communicates with customers and other departments of the company
- Loads ready-mix trucks with concrete and guides drivers through the plant
- Maintains inventory of raw materials, parts, and tools
- Monitors KPIs for dispatch
- Operates front-end loaders and forklifts
- Performs general maintenance of water pumps, conveyor belts, and other plant equipment
- Stays well-informed on Quality Control demands on concrete
- Troubleshoots and resolves maintenance problems to ensure efficient operations
- Able to work in various extreme weather conditions
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of pH, TSS, TDS, and Turbidity limits to meet the Department of Ecology standard
- Knowledgeable in MSHA and OSHA rules and regulations
- Knowledgeable in the operation and equipment used in a ready-mix plant
- May be required to work varying start/stop times and extended hours
- Must provide basic tools such as wrenches, hammers, welding hood, and gloves
- Physical requirements: able to lift/move up to 100 lbs., climb up to 24 feet, walk, bend and crouch
- Versed in Batch Panel software
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- Must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- May enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.