Belt Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Dupont, WA, United States|
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is hiring a Belt Technician who will be responsible for the safe repair, and maintenance of mining equipment typically found in an aggregate facility including, but not limited to cone crushers, jaw crushers, screen decks, material screws, conveyors, pumps, dust collectors, asphalt drums, bins, silos, hoppers.
Expected to complete pre-shift and post-shift equipment inspections, submit required daily documentation, and assist in plant operations as needed.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Perform safety/mechanical inspections of the plant and equipment
- Able to use welder and cutting torches to repair and maintain plant equipment
- Address any housekeeping issues within the work area
- Completes preventative maintenance routines, troubleshooting mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical problems related to all material handling equipment, tracking, managing, and storing all inventory needed for service of the conveyor belt system.
- Performs basic millwright tasks such as torch heating and cutting as well as the removal and installation of conveyor components such as bearings, idlers, pulleys, gearboxes, and motors.
- Performs belt installation, splicing, preventative maintenance, and call-outs for emergency repairs.
- Performs rigging to facilitate the lifting of belt rolls, presses, and tooling on and off conveyor systems.
- Proper use of company-provided or own tools to complete repair and maintenance tasks, driving equipment such as forklifts, telehandlers, or other company vehicles
- Works in a safe, courteous, and professional manner
- Works under the direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with aggregates and construction materials – sand, gravel, crushed rock, etc.
- Have mining experience or other experiences including welding, fabricating, belt splicing, or familiarity working around crushers, screens, sand screws, etc.
- Knowledge of various aggregate plant equipment including hoppers, feeders, conveyors, screens, crushers, and track-mounted screens and crushers
- Familiarity with mine site safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather (heat, cold, rain) for shifts up to 12 hours in length
- Able to lift 50 pounds frequently, up to 100 pounds occasionally, climb stairs/ladders, and walk on uneven or rough terrain
- Punctual and reliable, with adequate means of transportation to arrive at work when scheduled
- Able to work irregular and extended hours and weekends to complete maintenance, and repairs within the facility
- Proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) always
- Understand all CalPortland policies and procedures
- Understand and comply with MSHA rules and regulations
- Successful candidates must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
- The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.