Website Mercedes Benz Vans
BIW Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||BIW Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||Charleston, SC, United States|
|Company||Mercedes Benz Vans|
Mercedes Benz Vans works on the goal to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe.
The company is seeking a candidate who can monitor the factory performance, manage/allocate manpower, strengthen/develop the organization’s production and planning structure. Also, develops, implants, and improves complex manufacturing production processes/methods.
- The aspiring applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree programs from a welding school, college, or technical center.
- The candidates should have over 5 years of relevant experience, strongly preferring automotive, such as Body in White.
- Experience in process layout and optimization incorporating asset utilization is a plus.
- Assures product and process quality by designing complex testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Contributes to product and process quality design testing methods
- Designs, documents, and implements medium to large-scale manufacturing processes. Determines feasibility of production changes
- Develops operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives
- Develops planning standards, methods, and procedures
- Evaluates current production activities, processes, and drives improvements
- Implements cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high-quality standards
- Improve production methods, determine manufacturing capacity, and set up production schedules
- Investigates problems, analyzes root causes, and derives resolutions. Will use 8D Problem Solving Process to ensure sustainable quality products.
- Manage the implementation of continuous improvement processes for efficiency to create a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- May act as deputy for the Team Manager
- Participates in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Periodically ensures that highly technical equipment meets required specifications
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
- Proposes and manages medium-scale projects from beginning to end.
- Provides guidance to less senior manufacturing engineers.
- Provides support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding, brazing, assembly, and material handling
- Stays current with product specifications, engineering technology, and production processes
- Writes spec books; requests and evaluation of supplier quotations
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to present complex technical information related to achieving the goals of the department.
- Background in manpower distribution based on production and efficiency targets.
- Able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions.
- Knowledge of value stream mapping to reduce waste and improve output in a production environment is desired.
- Motivate, develop, direct and influence team members at all levels and cultural backgrounds of the organization.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to all levels.
- Utilize system analysis of production methods/procedures and process automation for continued growth improvements.
Mercedes-Benz Vans is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit daimler.taleo.net.