Blade Welder Job Highlights
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is searching for a Blade Welder who will help to take Turbo Services to the next level.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Hold training certification in some of all of the following: GTAW, SMAW, SAW
- Possess knowledge/experience of turbo machinery repair
- Be on the job site and in your assigned work area at the scheduled time
- Complete company-required training programs
- Comply with the requirements of risk assessments and safety procedures.
- Do not undertake activities that have not been risk-assessed, or where an assessment is not available or understood.
- Ensure the correct use of waste segregation facilities and the efficient use of natural resources and raw materials.
- Keep the work area clean and well organized during all phases of the project
- Maintain accurate time sheets on a daily basis
- Maintain LEAN objectives within the department
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
- Must follow the STS dress code and maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection, and continual improvement.
- Report any instances of spillage, uncontrolled exposure, or other related safety issues to their line manager.
- Use PPE as identified in risk assessments or other related safety documents.
- Work closely and communicate clearly with the other departments, Weld personnel, Supervisor, and Lead Man
- Ability to use and operate overhead cranes, torches, grinders, and forklifts
- Accurately follow welding instructions to provide quality welds within the appropriate approved methods
- Must have the required tools to perform the expected tasks within 6 months of hire
- Be capable of reading prints issued to the welding department
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days
- 401K with a 6% company match
- Bonus Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.