Website Stanley Black & Decker
Blaster/Grinder (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Blaster/Grinder – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Akron, OH, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
Stanley Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world-class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty, and Pengo.
The company (Stanley Infrastructure) is looking for a Blaster-Grinder who will be responsible for grinding and smoothing surfaces of products prior to finishing operations to achieve the quality and production standards of the company.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience in a similar position and preferably 3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Examines and feels the surface of the product for defects.
- Polish ground areas with a finer abrasive to produce a smooth, unmarred finish.
- Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications and conditions of metal.
- Starts grinder and moves over the surface to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld, and burs.
- Reasoning ability, physical demands of the job including use of a crane to lift large objects.
- Safe work practices are expected.
- Work involves a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Agility/Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Courage/Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Inclusivity/Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity/Accountability – Operate with the highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
- General plant; safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection required.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Standing majority of shift.
- Medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more.
Note: Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.