Boiler Service Technician (Controls) Job Highlights
|Title||Boiler Service Technician – Controls|
|Location||Lenexa, KS, United States|
Cleaver-Brooks is a manufacturer of boiler room products. The company is a single-source manufacturer and supplier of boiler room products including boilers, burners, accessories, and controls.
The company is searching for a Boiler Service Technician – Controls who will be responsible for the proper and safe installation of all electrical and mechanical boiler components contained in a typical boiler unit.
The individual will travel to the customer locations to address potential boiler issues and problems, diagnose any issues, make recommendations on repairs, etc.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 5+ years of boiler service and repair experience (required)
- Able to fire and set combustion on the boiler with all types of pneumatic or electrical controls.
- Able to train other employees on the operation and controls of boilers.
- Able to troubleshoot, fire, and set combustion on all types of boilers, including but not limited to boilers with superheaters, desuperheaters, and economizers.
- Build and test condensate tanks and deaerators.
- Build and test control panel and/or fuel skids using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Determines valve trim, regulator size and spring, oil gun length and size, and all other parts and accessories needed to fire any boiler.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Have knowledge of PLCs, transformers, transmitters, and other boiler controls.
- Maintain condition of and inventory of all tools and monitors.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Perform start-up of Rental boilers in the field.
- Rebuild control valves and regulators.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Trim out fire tube and water tube boilers.
- Wire all controls and motors for water tube and fire tube boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability, aptitude and desire to learn boiler mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
- Basic mechanical and pipefitting skills would be ideal, but not required.
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints and schematics.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to troubleshoot systems without the appropriate schematic(s).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- The ability to perform welding tasks up to ASME code and standard welds is ideal, but not required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge within the electrical and control environment.
- Requires stooping, climbing, bending, crawling, and lifting 50 pounds, working in confined and elevated areas, and prolonged standing
- Able to work in confined and elevated areas.
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- The company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, tuition assistance, life insurance, short term, and long-term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
Cleaver-Brooks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.