Website Kinder Morgan
Boiler Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Charleston, SC, United States|
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies along with the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator. The company move approximately 40 percent of the natural gas consumed in the U.S.
The company is hiring a Boiler Technician who will Operate and monitor boilers (Cleaver-Brooks and Superior Boilers), and HVAC Systems.
Performs service and preventive maintenance on all boilers, emergency generators, pumps, control valves, and auxiliary machinery 90% of the time, in a prompt manner.
Submits estimates of material and labor needed for each project and oversees the upgrading of stock.
Prepares boilers and related equipment for annual state, city, and insurance inspections.
Daily performance of tests on water samples to record and determine what, if any, corrective actions are to be taken.
Ensures proper care and observes all safety measures in the use of any equipment and supplies 100% of the time.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of HVAC units, isolated heating, and ventilating units, including boilers, gas/electrically operated air conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, etc.
- Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets, and other equipment as necessary.
- Maintain related records concerning time, labor, and materials; maintain a log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in an effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation, and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors, and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Air compressors and pneumatic controls.
- Applicable building codes, ordinances/regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to HVAC, refrigeration, and boilers.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Boiler water treatment.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Materials, methods, tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Standard practices of the HVAC trade.
- Superior and Cleaver-Brooks Boiler systems.
Other Job Requirements
- Calibrate systems.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose defects, and install, repair/maintain heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain routine records and prepare reports.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment/ tools utilized in the repair, installation/maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation, alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning/refrigeration systems, related equipment, and facilities.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
Kinder Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.