Website Phillips 66
Boilermaker Job Highlights
|Sweeny, TX, United States
Phillips 66 manufactures energy products and refines and markets petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and lubricants; gathers and processes natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGL) for powering businesses, heating homes, cooking, and electricity; and manufactures petrochemicals, polymers, and plastics found in cars, electronics, and other everyday goods.
The company is looking to hire a Boilermaker who will work on heat exchangers, towers and drums, structural steel, and various other equipment associated with the petrochemical industry.
Requires a willingness to work hard, be self-motivated, and dependable, and carry out work in a safe manner.
Also, requires a willingness to work with others in a team environment and be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 18 or more years of age
- Possess 3 years of experience in a refinery or chemical plant environment
- 5 years of experience in the boilermaker craft
- 5 years of experience in a refinery or chemical plant environment
- Willingness to work hard, be self-motivated, dependable, and carry out work in a safe manner
- Willingness to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to bend, lift, climb, and perform a wide range of physical activities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with other team members, leaders, and operations personnel
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair or clean shaven
- Ability to work on heat exchangers, towers and drums, structural steel, and various equipment associated with the petrochemical industry
- Learn, observe, and follow safe work practices
- Pass all qualification tests, both written and practical, as administered by the Sweeny Refinery training team
- Work out of craft and with other crafts as needs dictate
- Ability to understand and carry out work direction in a safe manner
- Ability to work outside in an oil refinery environment; enter and work in confined spaces; climb ladders and towers, and wear Personal Protective Equipment including fall protection and respiratory protection
- Able to operate motor vehicles
- Climb and retrieve parts or make repairs from various heights
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
- Lift and transport up to 60 pounds
- Valid in-state driver’s license
- Ability to bend, lift, climb, and perform a wide range of physical activities.
- Must be able to use a variety of safety and personal protective equipment including but not limited to fresh air and slicker suits.
- Must also be able to work at high elevations or in confined spaces with limited access.
- Overtime, shift work, and weekend work are required at various times.
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit phillips66.jobs.