Website Universal Plant Services
Boilermaker Job Highlights
|Location||Whiting, IN, United States|
|Company||Universal Plant Services|
Universal Plant Services (UPS) provides comprehensive services to the energy industry that include project management, installation, maintenance, and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
The company is recruiting a Boilermaker who is experienced and proficient in the craft, and able to read and understand blueprints, plans, or other drawings.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- NCCER certification is a plus
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of Boilermaker experience in an Industrial or Petrochemical setting
- May be required to pass a craft test
- Able to properly bolt and torque components according to equipment specifications
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting or bolting.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Cut, bend, and weld iron/steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment.
- Fabricate equipment according to blueprints or instruction from Supervision
- Help maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
- Perform or assist with pulling bundles
- Properly select and use manual, pneumatic, and electric tools according to tasks
- Pull, push, or pry iron/steel equipment into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Repair and replace boiler tubes
- Repair and replace trays and other internal components
- Use knowledge of towers/columns, exchangers, boilers, heaters, reactors, drums, fin fans, pressure vessels, and other industrial equipment to perform duties
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Knowledge of industry-standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a physical and PFT/FIT test
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be committed to safety and quality
Universal Plant Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit universalplant.com.