Website Rio Tinto
Boilermaker (Fixed Plant) Job Highlights
|Title||Boilermaker (Fixed Plant)|
|Location||Port Hedland, Western Australia, Australia|
Rio Tinto is a pioneer in mining and metals. The company produces materials essential to human progress. Iron ore for steel, aluminum for cars and smartphones, copper for wind turbines, electric cars, and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
The company is hiring a Boilermaker with excellent fabrication skills and coded welding expertise to join its Dampier Salt – Port Hedland Maintenance Team.
- The applicants should have an Australian Trade Qualification in Boilermaking, Welding, and Fabrication
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of post-trade experience in the mining industry
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects – increasing safety whilst reducing risk and cost
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine job requirements
- Carry out fabrication work while ensuring a high quality of finished product
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with all RTIO Company Policies and procedures
- Maintaining Boiler Shop tools and equipment
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly, and completed to the relevant standard/specification
- Work cooperatively in a small team or individually while demonstrating flexibility and adaptation to business requirements
- A basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems or similar
- A manual C-Class Australian Drivers Licence (essential)
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- The attractive share ownership plan
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- The company provided insurance cover
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail, and more)
- Full domestic relocation assistance provided
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Subsidised living expenses including rent and utilities
Rio Tinto is committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable themselves. The company treats each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.