Website Turner Industries
Boilermaker/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Longview, TX, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is seeking a Boilermaker/Mechanic who will assemble and disassemble, erect, and repair boilers, tanks, vats, pressure vessels, exchangers, and heaters according to blueprint specifications.
No per diem, ideal for a local candidate!
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess 3 to 5 years of experience
- NCCER certification (preferred)
- Locates and marks reference points for columns and plates on the foundation
- Attaches rigging or signals crane operator to lift parts to the specified position
- Aligns structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frame, tanks or vats, hammers, flame-cuts
- Files or grinds irregular edges of sections or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together
- Bolts structures and sections together
- Positions drums and headers into supports or bolts support to the frame
- Aligns water tubes and connects and expands tube ends to drums and headers
- Bolts casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, and such fabricated parts as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding tubes, catwalks, ladders, coal hoppers, and safety hatch to frame, install trays in process towers
- Installs manholes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connection in drums to complete assembly of water tube boilers
- Assists in testing assembled vessels
- May be required to provide the following: toolbox, crescent wrenches, tape, spud wrenches, hammer, tri square, striker, burning goggles, tip cleaners, work gloves, framing square, level, torpedo level, center punch, channel locks, set of combination wrenches, pipe wrench, hacksaw, rain suit
- Must be able to pass craft test, background check, and drug screen
- All tools and equipment are provided
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level.
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffold structures, etc.
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment.
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, or overhead.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials.
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling, seeing with or without correction, hearing with or without correction
- The company offers medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), holidays, and vacation
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.