Boilermaker Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Safford, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is looking for a Boilermaker/Welder who can perform duties related to assembly, maintenance, and repair of boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats by performing a variety of complex welding processes such as electric resistance, oxy-acetylene, or arc torches.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in the crafts of Welder/Boilermaker or a combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in welding/cutting
- Complete work orders and other maintenance documentation
- Develop solutions for various maintenance situations
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Perform routine maintenance activities
- Train and mentor maintenance employees
- Operate equipment, machinery, or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company-owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Note: It promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing as per applicable State Laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.