Branch Management Trainee Job Highlights
|Title||Branch Management Trainee|
|Location||Tampa, FL, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Branch Manager Trainee who will be placed in, and must successfully complete, a comprehensive training program that will give them a working knowledge of our industry, our customers, and our organization.
In addition, this program is designed around branch-oriented and professional development training to ensure that, once completed; the Trainee will be able to meet the demanding challenges of this position.
Upon completion, the candidate will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for the financial performance of a branch, which includes sales, budgeting, gross margins, and operational expenses.
Other key areas of responsibility include safety, customer service, inventory levels, accounts receivable, and resolution of personnel issues.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree from a university or college.
- A combination of college training and experience will be considered.
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Administers, and is responsible for, safety policies and procedures in accordance with regional, SAFECOR, local, state, and federal guidelines
- Answering customer inquiries
- Attend and successfully complete all training modules provided by Airgas in the development role
- Computer entry of customer orders
- Coordinating with territory sales personnel to grow market sales and margins
- Daily selection of cash and charge orders
- Ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt acknowledgment and service in a pleasant manner
- Pulling and packaging customer orders
- Receiving as necessary
- Reconciliation of cash and bank deposit
- Reconciliation of open order edit list, quote list, purchase order report by item, selected order edit list
- Responsible for the safety, health/welfare of sales, operations, and all associates
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Astute problem-solving skills and administrative accuracy
- Basic product knowledge of welding, safety, gases, and supplies is preferred
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting terms and principles including Gross Margin, Gross Margin %, Operating Income, Return On Investment (ROI), Internal Rate of Return, Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professional phone skills
- Proficiency in time management and organization skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership skills
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 to 75 lbs.
- Ability to perform work doing occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion are required.
- Talk to and hear customers/co-workers, as well as smell, hear leaking gas from cylinders.
The company offers a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term/long term disability insurance, vacation, sick, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, tuition assistance, and much more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.