Branch Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Concord, NC, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Branch Manager who will be responsible for the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Accounting or related field from a university or college; or equivalent combination of experience or training and education.
- The candidates should have 2+ years of supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide array of personnel issues, such as coaching, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in the welding industry and sales, preferably both.
- SAP knowledge and experience are a plus.
- Assist outside sales representatives in all areas, including but not limited to preparing quotes, maintaining all literature required, providing customer follow-up, and gathering sales leads.
- Conforms actual gross profit to guidelines, as evidenced by monthly reports.
- Consult with Human Resources regarding personnel issues.
- Controls branch expenditures and costs.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs preparation of merchandise displays.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of all order entry, data research, and computer skills necessary to service customers and suppliers.
- Ensure subordinate complaints are effectively handled.
- Ensures all customers receive quality customer service from company associates.
- Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Establishes vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Hire, lead, supervise, evaluate, manage, motivate and train employees.
- Identifies target accounts for telemarketing.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and penetrates target accounts.
- Lead and promote safety, organize safety meetings, and strictly enforce safety rules.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
- Maintains existing accounts and new business with existing accounts.
- Monitors fiscal performance of the branch as compared to budget.
- Oversees completion of sales-related paperwork (shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Prepares market and competitor information, annual sales analysis, and forecast for the Area Manager.
- Relates gross profit dollars and margins to gross profit requirements and budget. Relates actual net income to budget.
- Responsible for appearance, cleanliness, and functionality of facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable at an acceptable level in accordance with company guidelines and goals.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Reviews contract price file quarterly.
- Assist customers with equipment set-up and demonstration as necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information regarding customers’ orders.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Ability to perform heavy work, routinely lifting 25-75 lbs.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English language.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the corresponding geographical area.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Negotiating and selling skills required.
- Prolonged standing, up to 8 hours, frequent bending required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee’s own time.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.