Website Trane Technologies
Braze Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Braze Process Engineer
|La Crosse, WI, United States
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is recruiting a Braze Process Engineer who will be responsible for the technical support of braze and weld processes related to the assembly and fabrication of HVAC centrifugal chillers.
Support the manufacturing and training processes
Lead projects and support process improvements of moderate to significant scope as well as provide support for implementing product changes into production.
- BS Degree in Engineering (weld engineering, weld engineering technology, or metallurgical engineering are preferred) – College/University
- 3+ years of experience or education background with flame and induction brazing applications preferred. Applications include copper, brass, mild steel, aluminum, and other metal joining.
- Pressure vessel code knowledge and experience (a plus)
- Braze process ownership with responsibility for manual and future automated processes and controls in a production manufacturing environment. This includes providing technical support to production as needed to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional individuals and teams to build consensus and achieve best practice outcomes. Includes participation in and occasionally leading rapid improvement events as part of the site’s Lean transformation journey.
- Conduct process qualification activities to ensure delivered processes meet required specifications.
- Create required documentation for new or updated processes and provide or support training of production team members.
- Lead the continuous improvement of brazing processes through the Braze Excellence program.
- Lead the development of manufacturing concepts to the implementation of the final process design. Verify project benefits meet or exceed business case expectations. Document the designs and manage changes within existing quality control systems.
- Propose potential projects and provide technical leadership to help the site achieve safety, quality, and productivity improvement goals within the manufacturing operation.
- Utilize a standardized problem-solving approach to troubleshoot product and process failures and develop root-cause solutions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated understanding of metal joining concepts involving process requirements to meet the design intent.
- Excellent project leadership and team-building skills are required.
- Strong technical knowledge of brazing, welding, and metal joining systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong work ethic, great attitude, customer-focused, team-oriented and results-driven.
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.