Building Engineer (GWS Local) Job Highlights
|Title||Building Engineer – GWS Local|
|Location||Ann Arbor, MI, United States|
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance.
GWS Local is a tailored facility management solution at a local level with access to the Global CBRE GWS platform. It manages soft services through trusted best-in-class partners and self-delivery of hard services.
The company is looking for a Building Engineer who will utilize advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment, and grounds.
Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of related experience or trade school training.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies, and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, and emergency/preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly, and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, or supervisors.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- Uses personal computer or PDA for work order system, email, ESS, and training.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders, and the ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Universal CFC certification preferred.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry, or engine repair.
- Certifications/licenses may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
CBRE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cbre.com.