Cabin BiW Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Cabin BiW Engineer|
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
Canoo works on a mission to bring EVs to Everyone. It has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first.
The company is looking for a Cabin BiW Engineer who will be responsible for helping develop the Body-in-White architecture for the upper body of our vehicles.
The applicants will devise and evaluate alternative engineering solutions that consider Cost, Weight, and Performance, and will propose the solution that best meets all requirements for our design themes.
Close collaboration within the Cabin group and with outside stakeholders is fundamental to success.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field from a University or college.
- The candidates should have 5 years of minimum as an automotive Design Engineer for Body-in-White systems or related positions.
- Advanced knowledge of BiW architecture and construction.
- Developing and maintaining DFMEA, DVP&Rs, and GD&T documentation.
- Developing complex 3D surfacing and solid models using 3D Experience from Dassault Systemes (Catia V6/Enovia).
- Experience with multi-material construction (Advanced High Strength Steel, Ultra High Strength Steel, Aluminum, and Composites).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Studio, Manufacturing, Interior to develop efficient designs, leading the integration of interfacing components.
- Communicate clearly using documentation as needed for efficient resolution of open issues.
- Consider the appropriate joining technologies for each joint (spot welding, self-piercing rivets, clinching, threaded fasteners, adhesives, etc.) and recommend the best solution.
- Develop and support the Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plans and Reports (DVP&Rs), and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) documentation.
- Interact with the Computer Aided-Engineering (CAE) team and interpret results to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection, and Fatigue requirements.
- Support testing, prototype builds, and launch activities, coordinating with manufacturing group on Mass Production body shop, paint, and assembly issues to produce efficient solutions.
- Work with resources and use Catia to create complex surfacing and solid model data that meets Cabin criteria.
- Knowledge of joining technologies (SPR, RSW, adhesive bonding).
- Part Design using Catia or a similar software package.
- Employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
- Travel to suppliers, prototype build locations, mass production facilities, and other related sites could be required.
- A casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
Canoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers-canoo.icims.com.